Sunday, September 7, 2008

Today's SCISSOR Experiment

We had our second scissor run-in this morning.

Kate cut her hair during the summer. She was almost to all one length- I had just had her hair trimmed (no discounts for tiny peoples thin hair- full price). Well, she nabbed some scissors while a sitter was here and went to town. She came out of it with bangs. They started at the back of her head and boy were they short! It wasn't that bad because her curls hid it some and at least it was out of her eyes.

Well, today... didn't turn out as well. I walked in to find Brooke and Kate taking turns cutting on one side of Brooke's head. Yikes. I have to admit I LOST IT! I was half asleep, not rested and grumpy. I immediately took the scissors away and had them sit in time out on their beds so I could collect myself. Looking back now, I over reacted- it's only hair and it will grow back... right? : )


The sad thing is that Brooke's hair matched her personality- it's was adorable. She got comments all the time from strangers we passed. I'd get "who cuts her hair?" or "where does she go?"- OMG she is 4.


Anyway, she is fun, cute and confident (often the "front man" for her sisters) so I am sure she will be able to pull of a short cut for a while.... right?





I'm off to look at pictures of pixie cuts or other options for our little scissor adventurer...



Tomorrow is her appointment to fix- we will share result pictures then...

No comments: