Sunday, September 7, 2008

Answered Prayer

Did I ever tell you Nick is an answered prayer? I am blessed- God is so good to me. He has given me things I never imaged I'd have in my life. Of all those blessings- I genuinely treasure Nick most. He is my "bestest" gift and wrapped so nicely. : ) And from that gift I have three extra special sweet little treasures.

Yesterday was the longest day of my life. My family has been blessed with good health. When you spend a day in the hospital you take that time to count your blessings and thank God for all the days you haven't spent there.

Nick's surgery went well. The Dr. removed a nodule from his left side only, right was fine. The nodule actually turned out to be the size of a tennis ball. We were surprised at the size and thankful that he was doing OK. It took quite a while to be called up to the recovery room- I was concerned. It all turned out fine- he should be coming home later today.

I love my Nick- I always have. We have shared a sweet love, deep connection- and a tender, loving 10 years together (so many more to come)... but it feels different today. Yesterday changed me. We went through something together that we hadn't had to face before. Even though I really didn't have any reason to fear- you ponder the possibilities, you wait- with no control over what is happening. I prayed, I read, I talked with Nick's parents- I felt OK, but it was LONG and I just couldn't wait to touch Nick- to see him and make sure he was OK.

I count my blessings a lot- but today it's different. It's not just a list of thank yous it's a thankful heart, sincere gratitude, a change, and an even deeper, stronger LOVE- for God & my Nick.

Thank you God for answered prayers... over and over again.

No comments: