Friday, September 5, 2008

Before I was Mommy....

I was Aunt Mimi. I love my role as Aunt, of course it was easier when I didn't have little people of my own. I still love it- just don't get the quality time I'd like to be Aunt Mimi to the Strub side and Aunt Melissa to the Hinckley gang.

Let me tell you about the other little people in my life:

First, there was Skyla then came River. We used to get to spend quite a bit of time together. I loved to pick them up from school and have "Mimi Days". We used to go for treats, play, do crafts, have fun. We had a tradition for a couple years at the end of summer. We used to go school supply shopping. We would make it fun with "going on a mission and working with a budget." I treasure those memories and crave the time with them and wish I could have it back or at least more! Sky & Riv live in another state with their Mom- so it's only the occasional visit.











These are my most recent pictures. Aren't they gorgeous kids!! Oh, I just wanna hug'em! Time flies! I hope for the day when we live close again- or at least visit more regularly. I miss you guys!


Then there is the Hinckley Gang:
Jenna, Jake & Jadyn. I have always enjoyed our family gatherings. We travel for Christmas together and just hanging out in the craziness of all the cousins is a blast. It's fun to watch as the kids a growing how their relationships grow and change.

I haven't had the opportunity to have the one on one time with them that I would like- as they are in Oklahoma. I look forward to the possibility of having them come stay with us for some of the summer, as they get older- oooooh, wouldn't that be fun!! We've talked about gathering our clans together for a family cruise- I hope that will be soon!















Last, but certainly NOT least... Along came Jack!!

Nick and I had planned to name our son (who never came) Nicholas Jack Frederick. We wanted to call him Jack.

Jack had my heart even before I first held him. : ) I probably know most about Jack because I have had the sweet opportunity to care for him while my brother was away on a trip. We have also had a lot of family times where he is with us. I love that Mark and I are close and that he makes the effort and arrangements to visit often.

Jack is a sweet kid, full of personality. He is an entertainer- Brooke and Jack are quite the duo. They are the best of friends and very lively together- feeding off of each others energy. I called them "Dyno & mite" during the last visit. Mark is a super Papa (prefers Papa over Daddy) and it is always a fantastic time together. This last visit in August was the best yet!

He calls me Mimi, every time there is a package at his door he says "a package from Mimi"- oh, you gotta love that! : ) Brooke and I spent a weekend in Austin in April. We were there to celebrate his birthday & Big Boy pants rite of passage together. We brought a Buzz Lightyear costume for a gift and it was a favorite.

You can't know this kid and not LOVE him. I'd really like to keep him- he would fit in perfect! : ) I know I can't- it's OK... settling for Aunt Mimi- really isn't settling. I LOVE IT-

I LOVE them ALL. Oh boy, do I need a family fix! Bring on the Cousins!!

No comments: