Thursday, September 4, 2008

LOVE Grows Here

I've been thinking of this post since Tuesday- just now getting time to get it out. I picked up Brooke and Kate from preschool after my oh so productive morning. Brooke was really upset- not the norm for Brookie. She is my lively, happy, easy going Brooke that usually can adjust to anything.

Turns out, she had run into a ROUGH, LOUD- little monster, I mean- boy on the playground after lunch. He had screamed at her "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" and growled at her. Oh, my little kid. She had a rough day and it was all compounded with being frustrated with writing out her numbers. I held her before nap, just said a little prayer and she started to cry. I melted- I was glad for the down time to be able to hold her and give her more TLC- or "Turtle C" as Kate calls it.
We picked up Lauren from school, we headed to McDonalds for a special treat (ice cream) and to play for a bit on the dirty jungle gym (you can't have it all- I figure I'll trade heat stroke for a million germs). On the way, Brooke explained the afternoon ordeal again and Lauren was so sweet to her and hugged her to give more comfort. That warms my heart. I love that they are usually sweet to each other and concerned about feelings.

At McDonalds they were playing together, helping each other around the gym and just having fun together. That kinda stuff reminds me that the days of hard work do pay off. I am seeing fruit from my labors of love. The extra time and attention to teaching and showing the qualities of Christ. It's an ongoing lesson for both me and the girls- but these days and times give me the encouragement I need to PRESS ON during the extra hard days.

Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: