Saturday, August 30, 2008

"So BIG"- Kate's new adventure

No More Diapers- No More Crib
Summer brought lots of quality time at home with my girls. The perfect time to go for potty training and the big room change.
Kate was a quick and easy potty train. She had been interested and practicing for some time and so we decided to go for it. We went straight to the big toilet and rewarded with M&M's. She was the easiest of the three and I am sure it's because she wanted to do it like everybody else.



I loved the nursery- it was a little hard to change the room. We had decided to put Lauren in her own room (convert the nursery) and put Kate in a big girl bed in the room with Brooke.

The first week bedtime was a hard adjustment-Kate was so excited about her big girl bed and going to sleep with someone else in the room she wanted to talk, talk, talk.

Brooke & Kate have adjusted well. They are good friends and sweet playmates most days. They are both into picking out outfits, dressing themselves- and then changing again (as many times as they can- hence the hook and eye on their closet door). They play Mommies together, play outside and I over hear sweet little conversations about babies, toys and them making pretend phone calls.

I've had the girls share bedrooms. I like the bond that it creates and I'd rather have a designated playroom than three separate bedrooms. I am all about being a team, working together and being friends. Plus- I always wanted a sister so I am living a little bit through them...

I am having fun- I hope they are too : )









1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I've tried so many times to get the kids to SLEEP while in the same room overnight and they just have so much trouble. I wanted to practice before going to San Diego this week. How long did it take for them to start jabbering and just go to sleep!?!?