Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh Daddy!

My Girls LOVE their Daddy.
It is healthy to foster and fun to watch! Daddy is a vital part of our nightly routine and I am so glad he is interested and involved. It wasn't always that way- maybe that's why I appreciate it so much. We usually trade off, either dish duty or bath time fun. I hear him in there with the girls and he has fun stuff he does like "spaghetti hair" and racing to get dressed- just making memories. The girls love it.


The girls have always loved Daddy and their dates out. Right now, Kate is over the top and especially fond of Daddy. When she hears the door chime, she knows he is coming and races to the door with a loving greeting. She talks about him throughout the day and asks to see him A LOT. She loves to climb in his lap and love on him. When she is upset- she will climb in her bed and start saying over and over again "oh daddy, oh daddy, oh daddy" crying. It is so sad and cute all at the same time. I really want to get it on video.
This past week, we have had some crazy monsoon weather- lots of rain, lightening and thunder. It still scares me- one night I was the last one to sleep. Later that night, I felt a little body at my side. It was Kate, she slept very close to Daddy that night and I got this picture the next morning.
I am glad they are close to Daddy. It means the world to me now and I know it will mean more to them as they grow and mature. I feel a healthy daddy/ daughter relationship is more valuable than any material thing he could ever give our girls. I believe that relationship helps shape the little ladies they will be- feeds their soul. He will help build their self-esteem, give them a view of God, and help shape their identities in future relationships with boys- yikes men eventually.


This Daddy ROCKS!

No comments: