Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Toothless Wonder

If we are close- you have probably heard me talk about how Lauren amazes me. It starts with her sweet, sensitive, loving heart - she has a concern for people, their feelings, health, needs... and she loves Jesus and wants to make sure everybody knows about him. Both, often pull me from my quiet, safe comfort zone. She's a deep, thorough thinker like her Daddy and tends to push limits, question, and voice her concerns. Her free side is creative, artsy- and loves to perform on her private stage(bed) in her room. She has creative ideas, a strong sense of right and wrong and BIG emotions to wrap it all up.

That said, I am usually either on my toes or my knees :)

I feel like I have a good handle on knowing my girls- their personalities, love languages, strengths, struggles. And this summer I wanted to be intentional about learning their heart- "where is she coming from- when she does/ says this" I also wanted to work on our life skills- aka character qualities of Christ... using self-control, forgiving, loving, team players, being respectful, truthful- it's an ongoing lesson- for me too. As Mommy, I am called to be a daily example of Gods love, grace and mercy to them- I am still learning!! The lessons & reflection has been insightful and encouraging in my own life.

I started this post with this thought in mind- Lauren amazes and inspires me at how she faces her day. I drop her off at the curb inside her school parking lot- she says "bye mom", flashes me our "I love you" sign and tilts her head with a smile and walks into school. Normal- for you maybe- but not for me. As a kid, I rarly felt prepared for what was ahead- Now, I sometimes feel the same- but I am reminded and assured in God- his grace is sufficient and his mercy is new every morning. 2 Corinthians 12:9, Lamentations 3:22-23

...and as Lauren would say (in her favor, at the most opportune times) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

No comments: