Tuesday, August 26, 2008

AuGuST iN A NutShELL


This is Lauren's third week for 1st grade. She is doing great. The 2nd day of school I was in the car pool lane- her teacher walked her to the car and told me "she is such a precious girl, I am so glad I got her this year." Mrs. B is next door to the classroom Lauren was in last year. Oh, my girl- I was so delighted to hear that. She is adjusting well and I think really likes to be back (especially because she doesn't have to take naps on school days). She had her first spelling test Friday. 12 words plus a bonus (bonus is from the most missed words list)- she got 13/ out of 13. She amazes me. We have a homework packet every week that we work on and a reading log every night. It's been fun.

Brooke is back to school. She started JR Kindergarten last week- Tues & Thurs mornings. She loves her class and teacher and told me she wants to go EVERYDAY- not yet. Next year she will do kindergarten full day- I want her home this year.

We were out and about celebrating her last week of summer last week and stopped into Arista Curlz @ the mall. They put some curls in her hair for a couple bucks. We then headed to Claire's- she loves and collects flip flops- they had her "best -favorites" on sale for $4. She was so smiley and happy we went next door to see if they had any availability for pictures- worked out perfect (I've been trying to get her 4 year old personality shots for awhile).

Kate is also doing same schedule in a two's class. She is in the older 2's and likes it. She was delighted to see me when I picked her up Tuesday she wanted to tell me "I had fun Mommy- I no bite"- oh so proud :) She also informed me that boys have tails in their pull ups. She is so happy to carry her own Dora lunch box and likes to walk on her own feet- this is new.

It's been fun. I love my girls- I love my life... these are my golden years!!

No comments: