Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brooke runs deep

Our Brooke does a lot of writing and journaling. I send the girls to bed a half hour before lights out for reading and journals and this girls does lots of writing. Last week she cried during our tuck in time together. She was talking about Morgan and telling me she missed his soul. She was crying and very upset. I miss Morgan too! I did best to comfort and affirm her thoughts, feelings and expression. I held her, sang, and prayed out loud. I wasn't sure what had triggered it.
I was at school yesterday to help in her classroom. I found a new bulletin board outside with some writings on it. They were to pretend they were a leaf and describe where they would go. I found Brooke's. The picture helped me put the pieces together of what she has been processing.
If Brooke was a leaf she would go to heaven. To see Uncle Morgan. To see Max.

No comments: