Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The day after...

I voted! My vote went to McCain/ Palin. I am a conservative, republican. I believe we need change in this country, however my core values and beliefs align more with the republican party and in my opinion the change goes deeper than economics, the war, healthcare...

We talk about our founding fathers and the basis of what our country was founded on..... have we abandoned"one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all" and what about "in God we trust"? I believe we need change- but I am going to start with me. I am going to examine my heart, my efforts to serve the Lord and love his people, my priorities, my time, my commitments.

I don't fret over who will be the leader of the USA because GOD is ultimately in control. I believe in him, trust him, and will FOLLOW him. I have hope- I know peace, I can change- regardless of who is President.

my reference book: the Bible.

For I know the plans I have for you, says God, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. When you call on me- I will come. When you seek me- you will find me. I will bring you out of exile, gather you from all the nations and restore your fortunes. Jeremiah 29:11-14

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn away from wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chron 7:14

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9

Don't be anxious about anything, bu in everything by prayer with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding , will guard your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4: 6-7

"Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding; he reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him. Daniel 2:20-22

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let now your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27

I watch John McCain concede with grace and dignity- he asked us to come together as Americans- I will do that. I will be praying for our country, our direction, and our President- Barack Obama.

there.... said it- i'm done! Now on to celebrate a new day...

No comments: