Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Lauren! (part 1)
















My first born turned 7 today- where has the time gone? I love this kid- she is full of life, love, she is deep, and complex. Lauren has a sweet and tender heart and cares for others- she is the best of us. : ) We are blessed! October 8, 2008- She is 7 years old! Wow!

Today was ALL About LaUReN & the rest of us were along for the FUN!

Lauren's day started with our family birthday tradition- I hang streamers, make signs and have balloons throughout the house so when the girls wake- they see we have already started celebrating them! I didn't think it meant much- but, they have shown me different the last couple years. :)



We met up with Lauren's favorite school friends for a small celebration- we saw "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" then headed to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch and games.


I thought with all the activity, I was sure to get my girls for a nap- but, not today... they rested, but no sleep. I could have used a nap myself- I am not used to running crazy. It's been a busy week. Lauren is on fall break, we have had full days.


We picked up Lauren's newest thing...
Question:
What do you get when both of your parents (before Lasik) were nearsighted....


Answer:
Glasses! Yes, she is nearsighted- needs them for distance work 20/100. Isn't she cute! :)
Next stop, Nanny & Papa's to leave Brooke & Kate for a quick visit so we can do our next adventure and rite of passage.

Papa & Nanny with the girls (plus Wyatt)
Pierced ears- that is a rite of passage, isn't it? : )
This was Lauren's #1 Birthday wish... pierced ears. She even suggested foregoing a party if she couldn't do both.
She brought her special friend "Soft Bear" who also turned 7 today to comfort. She was so brave, no tears- just sweaty palms. She did great!


Look at those pretty ears.









We have major birthday festivities planned for Friday night. "Lauren's Fashion Ridge Mall"- where we will transform the house into her favorite places to visit. We will share details and pictures then.
Happy Birthday Lauren! We love you and are so proud of the sweet girl you are, the choices you are making, and your love for God and people. You make my heart happy! I love you so much.












2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

WHOA - quite the day! I can't believe she got glasses and pierced ears all in the same day. She's fully accessorized now. :)

uberSTRUB.blogspot.com said...

Lauren is my favorite 7 year old in the whole world! I love you kiddo. - uncle mark.