Friday, October 17, 2008

GOD BLESS America! Mama found some jeans!

OK Girls- Listen up! : )
My friend Katie has told me for some time now to get to "Buckle" for jeans. Today, I had a chance and yes, I was brave. As I walked in wearing my "MOM" labeled tank and an old pair of jeans- I thought, what am I doing? These skinny, cute, young girls are going to help me find a pair of jeans? -ya, right. There are no jeans to fit this pear. Background- for years I have told Nick I need to create my own jean line "pear necessities".

Anyway, after a half hour, 10 pairs of jeans being thrown over the door- I went back to the original pair and walked out of the store with A NEW PAIR OF JEANS. I was excited, but still in shock over the size. It was another in your face ... stop making excuses and make better decisions about food and portions... blah, blah, blah. I was a bit sceptical too about if they really were the best, did they really look "great" like the girl said (she was maybe a size 1, if not a 0).

I hate to admit it but yes, I bought a paradise bakery cookie for the way home.

I got home, got the kids to nap, putzed around then decided to change into my new jeans. OMG, dude.. I lost 10 pounds from eating that pb cookie. :) just kidding. It's the jeans- they are fantastic!! They really are a much better fit for mama! I can't believe it! I am delighted- I am thrilled!!

Now- go out and get fitted for those perfect jeans! If I can do it- you can too!!

1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

LOL - I seriously DID laugh out loud when you celebrated with a PB cookie!!! Hilarious.

And I am SO glad the jeans work for you. Never in a million years did I think I would spend that kind of money on jeans, but I'm such a believer now! So I'm ready for a picture...pear and all...I wanna see these bad boys!