Thursday, October 30, 2008

Changed Habit/ New View...

OK, so I divulged that I haven't been to the gym like the good ole days... used to go M,W,F~ then stopped. I just found other ways to busy my mornings. Duties, fun, visiting with friends, or girl time... just busied those mornings.

My new thing.... I have been spending more time on my INSIDE. I am studying, reading~ the good ole B I B L E. Yes, I know... I should have already been doing that, but it wasn't often. Sure, church, HBC... just not a lot on my own.

Anyway, I briefly mentioned that I have been buckling down in prep for the holiday season. I have been working on the Holiday plan, traditions, arrangements and also prepping for 2009. Our family motto, goals and just getting set... well it brought me back to the bible.

I find it a little sad that I study with purpose rather than just enjoyment, but I do. I've been applying scripture to our family motto and the acronyms. We have some fun, funny and important stuff we do around here. I want to continue to teach, model, and grow in the character qualities of Christ, aka Lifeskills with the girls.

ANYWAY...all this to say~ I'm loving it! Regardless of how it happened, I rest in the fact that God knows my heart, loves me and he is meeting me and it's been refreshing! It's also great for the girls to see me reading and studying.

We have been spending our mornings outside- I study & watch while they ride their bikes, pretend, play babies, and enjoy time together. We love it!

Draw near to God, he will draw near to you. James 4:8
Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and he will strengthen your heart. Psalms 27:14
It's doing my body, mind and spirit good!! : ) if you aren't already~ try it!

Here are the girls taking a snack break:

No comments: